Having MetaInfo Sendmail Coexist with Lyris List Manager
Robert Basil, a Lyris List Manager user, wrote this message to the Lyris-Discuss mailing list explaining how he has MetaInfo's Sendmail coexist with Lyris List Manager.
Note: The technique he is using here, of having MetaInfo run on one set of TCP/IP addresses, and Lyris List Manager on another, is explained in more detail at Use two TCP/IP addresses
. The instructions given here indicate how MetaInfo Sendmail handles the forwarding order, as opposed to how Unix Sendmail is told to do the forwarding.
Date sent: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:37:54
To: "Lyris Discussion" <email@example.com>
From: Robert Basil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: NT MetaInfo Sendmail Config Solution.
Send reply to: "Lyris Discussion" <email@example.com>
Just to let everyone
know how we got the Lyris List Manager software to work with
the MetaInfo Sendmail running on multiple IP's/Domains here are the
steps. In my setup, my MetaInfo Sendmail
machine has several TCP/IP addresses, and MetaInfo Sendmail is using several of them. I have one TCP/IP address free (not used) on which I run Lyris List Manager.
1. Install Lyris List Manager (If you already have Perl 5 installed, or you are running
IIS4.0b2 choose "no" on the Perl install)
2. On the last
step (Start server now) un-check the box.
3. Bring up a DOS box, change to the directory Lyris List Manager is installed to (typically "C:\lyris") and type: lyris tcpip
(your IP for Lyris List Manager here). See Multiple TCP/IP addresses for more information.
4. Edit the "lyris.plc" file in your
c:\inetpub\scripts directory to read: server_ip_address=(your IP for Lyris List Manager here). See TCP/IP Port of Lyris List Manager for more information.
5. Go into your MetaInfo Sendmail control panel and stop the Sendmail program.
6. Start the Lyris List Manager by clicking on the "Start Lyris LM
7. Go into your MetaInfo Sendmail control panel and start the Sendmail
8. Go into your Internet Services Manager
and stop your IIS service.
9. Go into your Internet Services Manager and restart your IIS service.
10. Go to
http://www.(your-domain).com/scripts/lyris.pl and start
configuring your lists.